Dear Friends,
The purpose of this blog is twofold:
# 1. I find it difficult to keep track of all the hoops ISUS wants me to keep track of using email alone. Email either needs to be responded to immediately in my inbox, or it gets lost in the shuffle. This blog will help me keep track of tasks that require more time and effort to complete.
# 2. As one of my best friends has pointed out (thank you Persian brother and Counsel!), I have a very hard time personalizing. Instead I generalize everything. I want my experiences to be useful to other people. So perhaps if I trail blaze here on this blog through the complexities of getting to work with ISUS it may turn out of be helpful to other friends later on whom I direct towards this work option as well.
With that said, here is a little background. I have been seeing this advertisement on ISUS for many years:
ISUS, an innovative online telephone teaching platform with thousands of students around the world, is currently hiring. If you are a native speaker of English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, or Chinese, with a PC and high speed internet connection you have everything you need to start an exciting career with ISUS. If you are interested in working with us, please complete the application form and upload your CV via the Apply button below.
Now that I am living in Costa Rica, it is useful to me to try to establish some regular work with this company. The wage wasn't that great for working in the US, but it is perfect for working in abroad as a US fiscal resident and native American English speaker. Actually, it could be good for other native language speakers too, obviously, from the ad description, but I suspect that most of the work is in teaching English. At the bottom of this post, I'm including a screen shot of the actual ad I've seen in my email all these years (since around 2006).
Cheers,
Sky

No hay comentarios.:
Publicar un comentario